We were delighted to announce the winners of Pest Manager of Year 2016 (sponsored by BASF) at the Gala Dinner of FAOPMA 2016 earlier this month.
The Pest Manager of the Year Award aims to promote professionalism of the pest management industry to the public and other stakeholders. It secondly highlights the pest management industry to the public and thirdly encourages learning and increased professionalism of the pest management industry.
The pest management industry benefits by this award through:-
- Promotion of raised industry standards and excellence by public recognition of finalists and winners
- Increasing grass roots industry support through professionalism and the acceptance of an ongoing improved and thorough training and continuing professional development
- Providing an opportunity for stakeholder organisations to publicly demonstrate leadership and their support for industry excellence.
We are very pleased that BASF continues to sponsor this award and each of the finalists who has won this award in previous years has, as a result, increased their business. Following a review of the Pest Manager of the Year award, I am pleased to advise that next year, we are going to change some of the categories including new categories for:-
- Micro Business, which is a category for pest management businesses with fewer than three people in recognition of the fact that there a number of outstanding sole operators including husband and wife or family teams. This industry and this award is designed to encourage participation and recognise these operators in their own category.
- Secondly we are going to introduce the Trainee of the Year category for pest management technicians who are completing a traineeship with an employer and recognise achievement of upcoming talent in our industry.
The new categories of Pest Manager of the Year will be announced soon and I would urge those who have not considered entering Pest Manager of the Year to consider the opportunities that this competition provides.
This year again we had a terrific group of people who nominated but as in all competitions there can be only one winner. The winners were as follows:-
• The overall Pest Manager of the Year award winner – Competitive Pest Services
• State Pest Manager of the Year award winners:
NSW - Competitive Pest Services
QLD - Laguna Pest Control
VIC – Specialist Termite Control
SA – Southern Suburbs Pest Control
WA – Quality Pest and Weed Solutions
• Pest Manager of the Year with fewer than 5 employees - Laguna Pest Control
• Pest Manager of the Year with greater than 5 employees - Competitive Pest Services
• Specialist category winner - Bob Gunn Termite Solutions
• South Pacific Pest Manager of the Year - Fastkil Pest Control Services
Congratulations to all of our winners.
I thank BASF for their ongoing support of Pest Manager of the Year. It continues to be a badge of honour and standard bearers in excellence for our industry.