PestCert Key Goals
The PestCert Business Plan sets out four key goals and achievement of these goals will involve as below:
Require an appropriate level of training and ongoing skill / knowledge development for pest management technicians.
- The acceptance in time of Certificate III as the minimum standard for all practising pest management technicians.
- Competency assessments are conducted under a face to face and work or work simulated environment.
- Appropriate management of the criteria and point allocation model for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
- Adequate opportunities for all pest management technicians to acquire CPD points.
Ensure compliance with PestCert codes and standards.
- Appropriate management of the PestCert Code of Conduct and the Rules associated with the use of the PestCert logo.
- Auditing of accredited individuals and companies for compliance against PestCert requirements.
- Promotion to the community of the benefits of choosing a PestCert accredited pest manager.
- Effective public complaints process.
Develop brand awareness for PestCert with industry, community and Government.
- Effective marketing and promotion of PestCert.
- Public awareness programs.
- Community information events.
- Awards for excellence.
Establish an effective organisational structure for PestCert which delivers integrity and encourages co regulation linkages with Government.
- Establishing an appropriate structure for PestCert.
- Establishing an appropriate Committee structure for PestCert.